Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a protron tv. It's about 10 years old. Still works

Customer Question

I have a protron tv. It's about 10 years old. Still works great. I have Uverse with AT&T. Recently a display pops on and off on it's own. Put new batteries in the original remote. Tried to turn it off. Can't do it. Unplugged tv and cable, plugged back in. No Change. Rebooted Uverse. Display still pops on and off. Right now it hasn't done it for 5 minutes. Maybe it wore itself out. It's been doing this for a week. If it starts again, how can I stop it.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: About 10 yrs. Where can I find model. I live alone. I am an old lady. 74 years old.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: You mean on the protron remote?
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Nothing. It's on again now it's off
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I thought you were going to help me. Where can I find the model. I am old and it is difficult for me to crawl on the floor and I have bad eyes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

When you say a display pops up, do you mean a message on the screen?

Please let me know