Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

How can I get a search engine on my vizio smart tv,

how can I get a search engine on my vizio smart tv
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: e601i-a3e
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu works, but I don't know how to sign on, can't remember password ***** user name
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I haven't tried to use it for over a year
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you wanting to search for specific content (shows/movies), or to use a web browser to view web sites?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I want to get on the internet on my smart tv. I used to be able to but now I can't. I don't know my user name or password ***** I can't get anything done. Last year we could get on you tube. I want to watch pay per view that is on the computer, but I want to watch it on my Vizio TV. Also I want to watch the new start trek and I read you have to watch it on the computer. I am a grandma and I have a lot of trouble with this kind of thing. Anything you could do to help me would be greatly appreciated.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I would rather text

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

The tv has no web browser or ability to use a search engine or perform similar tasks on its own. Vizio tvs are very basic and do not have those types of features.

It does have some apps on it, so you can use things like netflix for example, but that is not the same as a full web browser.

To use that type of function you'd have to do it on another device, such as your computer and connect the computer to the tv to use it as a monitor. There is no username or password ***** for that. Youtube you can do on the tv itself, it will have a youtube app for that, which you access by pressing the vizio Via apps button then picking youtube (or hulu, amazon, etc) from the options there.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you!

You are very welcome, and best of luck to you!

One other option you may wish to consider is streaming through an external device that has access to apps and content that the very limited vizio tv does not, such as a roku or fire tv. While that still won't have a browser, there are hundreds/thousands of apps available, so the specialized content you'd want to get is probably going to be available there as well, as opposed to the vizio that has just a handful of broad service apps like netflix and amazon.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/2rRmuH2 and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,