Electrotech2017
Electrotech2017, Technician
Experience:  Audio & Video Technician
98889509

My tv won't turn on, Coby last two weeks, Tv will not come

Customer Question

My tv won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: Coby last two weeks
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Tv will not come to check menu
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Two weeks
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want some trouble shooting ideas
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Electrotech2017 replied 1 month ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I'm happy to assist you with your TV. What model number is ***** Coby TV ?
As of simple troubleshooting. First make sure AC outlet has power. Second I would disconnect the power cord, then hold down the power button on the TV set ( not the remote) for 10s. After that plug the TV back in to see if you get any signs of life. This procedure is called a power reset. If the TV still does not turn on, it means it has an internal issue. To determine if it is the power supply or Main board, is by checking if you get a Standby Led ( usually lit red). If you do you have a defective Main board. If the unit is completely dead with no power led lit, you would have a power supply problem. To give you pricing on the parts the correct model number is ***** Please let me know what steps you took.