TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have an RCA 32 inch LED TV (ATSC Tuner) - there is a blue

Customer Question
vertical line (approximately 4 inches...
I have an RCA 32 inch LED TV (ATSC Tuner) - there is a blue vertical line (approximately 4 inches wide) that comes on after a few minutes. I have been able to get rid of it. Suggestions?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?
Customer: RLDED3258A-C
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes TV menu works. I only use the TV to watch TV - via a local cable provider/connection. I don't use TV w/ computer, VCR...
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: TV was working fine. Issue - approx 5-6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have TV located near to where my computer wireless router - not sure if that's an issue (eg other cables close by)
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Any idea how old is the TV?

about 3 years

OK, does the blue vertical line appear on same place every time turn On TV power?

Also, does it go away after some time?

it appears in the same location every time. Usually it stays on once it comes on. Very occasionally it will briefly disappear, then come back minutes later

OK, unfortunately it looks display panel/ the screen internal failure that is causing vertical line, this kind of problem occurs due to loose connection of bond that connects the ribbon cable to LCD panel, due to builtin backlight display panel gets some heat inside that caused the bond to be loose and line appears. Entire display panel/ the screen will be replaced to fix the problem, I'm sorry for this news.

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV as new 32" TV would be available around $110 or so.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Thank you for your feedback. Am I still charged the $35?

I wish if I could do more from here to fix the problem or put my hands on TV to check the ribbon cable.

If you think I did nothing then you wont be charged, simply mention it here and Ill opt out to forward it to customer service for their process.

you didn't do anything. I could of checked the cable, too.

OK, contact customer service at given link for billing/ refund issue.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

No.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician