TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

When I turn it on its nice and bright, but after only a few…

Customer Question
When I turn it...

When I turn it on its nice and bright, but after only a few minutes it gets dark.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hold on I have to get it -- PN51F4500AF

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, all works, just get dark after a few minutes.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

About a week ago, I was watching a show on the HDM2

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that's it. thank you

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/14/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 11 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please