TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a LG LB655200UA tv and my children have recently

Customer Question
Tim, I have a LG...
Tim, I have a LG LB655200UA tv and my children have recently spilled some liquid on the screen and caused vertical lines to appear on the screen. From my brief research on the issue, I believe the ribbons associated with Tcon board, Specifically ones connected to the Led panel are not working correctly. When I attempted to dry the effected area I ripped a cable and now the screen is black. I still have the blacklight, however the screen now remains black. I can send photos if nessicary. Can you tell me if there is a part # for the LED panel or how I may go about getting this fixed. Thank you. -Jake
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Can you please get me the part number written on label pasted on rear of screen?

The screen did not have any part # on rear of screen.

OK, LCD Module/ the screen part number is ***** that can be used to search/ google to get replacement screen price info, however, it would cost more than new TV price of same size, click following supplier link to view the price info..

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/LG-ELECTRONICS-COV32665701-/COV32665701

OR check with following supplier..

https://encompass.com/item/10238209/LG/COV32665701/Module,outsourcing

I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Shahid I do not mean to sound rude, but from everything I've read and researched I know that it would more that likely cost more to get it repaired than what it's worth. I guess I was more or so inquiring about fixing the glass or screen portion. Maybe I'm confused as what the panel includes. So it does it not matter that my display type is LED and the replacement is LCD?

Jack, let me explain LED and LCD.

LED panel means only difference of backlight system inside panel, LCD utilized CCFLs (cold cathode fluorescent lamps) as backlight to light up the screen and LED means it has LEDs as backlight, rest of things are the same. Basically LCD panel is glass sheet that makes an image/ picture and both panels has this is common but the difference is only backlight system, CCFL in LCD panel and LED in LED panel.

Now your second question, I'm afraid the broken ribbon can be fixed/ repaired or replaced thus entire screen replacement is only option at this point. I answer your question - "Can you tell me if there is a part # for the LED panel or how I may go about getting this fixed. Thank you."

I hope these info will help