Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Same problem as many others... Sharp TV won't turn out. Have

Same problem as many others... Sharp TV won't turn out. Have tried a few simple fixes but still nothing. Getting Model Number. It is about 5 years old and never any problems until now!
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Sharp is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: ON (not "out"
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: No lights at all, neither remote or button on the TV will bring it to life! He is getting it now. Hard to see!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This never happened before. It worked fine last night and every day before then. Has not rurned on today. No big storms last night although we had some last week. But TV was fine then ...
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Model # is LC60E79U

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Does power indicator on TV turn On solid or blink when press power button?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No. No lights on tv at all but outlet is working.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Let's try texting first
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are you there?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Yes, I'm here and typing info for you, give me 2 minutes please to finish it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for explaining. My husband is here and he is an electrician. Went out to truck to get his tester...

It seems power supply board failure, it needs to check BU5V (standby 5V) on PD connector of power board with multimeter while TV power cord is plugged in.

If 5V DC is available then problem would be with main board of TV (main processor board where video/ HDMI inputs are located) and if no 5V DC reading then power board is defective and should be replaced.

Please click following link to view power board image and part number info for this model if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-rdenca369wjqz-power-supply-unit.htm

Following link will show main board image and part number info that can be used to search/ google to get replacement board price info..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sharp-duntkf282fm19-main-board-for-lc-60e79u.htm

I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. Maybe time for a new TV!
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
End please

Much welcome, wish you the best~

If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.