Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a Samsung UN75JU6500 LED 4K ULTRA HD tv that has a

Customer Question

I have a Samsung UN75JU6500 LED 4K ULTRA HD tv that has a black screen. On Comcast it is black screen but I have sound. Similarly with a DVD movie in the DVD player .... sound but no pricture. I have both HDMI cables, replaced the Comcast cable box to no avail. I need to schedule a technician to look at it in residence . I live Pasadena, TX 77505. And incidentally the area I am in got not flooding so that is not a factor.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: It is a 75 inche Samsung UN75JU6500 purchaed from Best Buy in 2015
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I looked up troubleshooting online and tried the menu button and it got a one time white flash on the screen. I subsequently tried all buttons on the controller without effect!
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I was on a trip out of town for four days with the TV off. When I returned home on Sunday, September 10th and turned on the TV and cable box I found the "black" screen.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I have done all the troubleshooting that I can do ...
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Are you able to see the samsungs own menu screens at all currently?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

It is imperative that you reply back to me here, on your original question only, please.
Posting new/duplicate questions costs you more and hinders my ability to reply.
Please reply back here on this page when ready.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
NO
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for confirming,

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or backlight component, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; even for a 2015 model tv, that type of failure wouldn’t be uncommon.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; if you're thinking about a do it yourself repair, you'll need to be comfortable and skilled with electronics repairs, which could include dismantling the set (removing the back panel of the tv), diagnostics testing with a multimeter, changing out boards as needed, and possibly desoldering/removing and soldering/replacing individual components.

If you’re considering repair at a local shop, you’ll find a typical repair to be around $300 for diagnostics, parts, and labor.

Here are the closest local repair options: http://bit.ly/2x0lDq9

If you would prefer to replace the tv rather than deal with repairs, I can recommend replacement options for you as well.

My apologies for the news,

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.