TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Lost the picture, M471i-A2 Not sure how old, The sound is OK…

Customer Question
Lost the picture Technician's...

Lost the picture

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M471i-A2 Not sure how old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The sound is OK but the screen is black. When I push menu it is still black

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It just happened although I noticed a few days ago when I turned the TV off the picture faded instead of going black right away

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that's it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

I have a black screen so I cannot see any menu or change from comp to hdm3 to check any other devices. The sound is fine just a totally black screen

OK - Have you tried to disconnect TV and cable box power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in, let cable box reboot that may take several minutes and check?
If not yet, please try it now and reply back with the result

far all I am getting is requests for money. Just refund my $5.00
Where do I rate your service?

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

Please contact customer service for any billing issue, I have no control over such matters.

There is no need rate the service as I have done nothing so far.