Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I just got new cable box and tring to program, I have pl4210

Customer Question

I just got new cox cable box and tring to program, I have pl4210 model tv can you help
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: The only info I have on the tv is it is a Curtis pl4210al model I just now got new cable box and trying to program the remote
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the tv is working good with the original Curtis remote. but the Curtis remote wont work with the cox cable box.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I just now got the new cable box. I had an older cable box and it wouldn't work with that cable remote only with the Curtis remote
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can you provide the remote code to program the remote>?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

I will caution you up front that this probably will not work. But I can provide you with the proper code to try.

How many digits does the remote take? (3, 4, or 5)

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Don't know but had sample five digit
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry don't want to pay. Thanks anyway
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

This is a paid support service, not free help.

You've already paid for the chat support here.

Separately you may be seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I think I got option for free q/a. If I have to pay I will try something else. Thamks
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

You may have a free trial option if you continue on with a membership, or you can use it as a paid one time service.

There is no free help in any form for a curtis tv, and the cable co would not provide support for this either. I can help if you'd like, or you may cancel from the help page if you prefer.
Best of luck to you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cancel
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 month ago.

Posting here has no affect on your account. You may self manage any billing matters from the account/help page.