Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Same vizio vw42lhdtv no sound picture or backlight. orange

Customer Question

same vizio vw42lhdtv no sound picture or backlight. orange logo then white . cant turn off replaced caps on master and slave
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

If you can't turn it off- this isn't related to the inverters- it's a faulty Mainboard. That is the only board in the set that will prevent the TV from turning off.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Also, at the end of "HDTV", is there a 10A, 20A, 30A etc.? Or does it end at HDTV? Let me know and we can proceed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
10a
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the reply. Searching...

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

The Mainboard is showing as available (2 in stock) at the link below based on your model number. That is the part that needs to be replaced to allow the TV to turn on/off and sends the command for the screen and sound to power up. Make sure to cross-reference the part number to the original one in your set as Vizio uses more than one version of the board in this TV:

http://www.magictvparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7181&gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIhqn-8XWRn4NmGxaa_WuCehJ0aGzd5N_Ai956T8mxYbg4YpxMTEmfMaAnJQEALw_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
what is bad ? voltage regulator caps all look good
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

EEPROM, it's the processor chip, you can't tell if it's good or bad visually.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The voltages are all correct back to power supply
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Since you're following your own troubleshooting agenda- I will opt out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
24 v to invertors