TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Same vizio vw42lhdtv no sound picture or backlight. orange…

Customer Question
same vizio vw42lhdtv...
same vizio vw42lhdtv no sound picture or backlight. orange logo then white . cant turn off replaced caps on master and slave
Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 9 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

If you can't turn it off- this isn't related to the inverters- it's a faulty Mainboard. That is the only board in the set that will prevent the TV from turning off.

Also, at the end of "HDTV", is there a 10A, 20A, 30A etc.? Or does it end at HDTV? Let me know and we can proceed.

10a

Thanks for the reply. Searching...

The Mainboard is showing as available (2 in stock) at the link below based on your model number. That is the part that needs to be replaced to allow the TV to turn on/off and sends the command for the screen and sound to power up. Make sure to cross-reference the part number to the original one in your set as Vizio uses more than one version of the board in this TV:

http://www.magictvparts.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=7181&gclid=Cj0KCQjwruPNBRCKARIsAEYNXIhqn-8XWRn4NmGxaa_WuCehJ0aGzd5N_Ai956T8mxYbg4YpxMTEmfMaAnJQEALw_wcB

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

what is bad ? voltage regulator caps all look good

EEPROM, it's the processor chip, you can't tell if it's good or bad visually.

The voltages are all correct back to power supply

Since you're following your own troubleshooting agenda- I will opt out.

24 v to invertors