Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My vizio tv won't power off with the remote or the button on

Customer Question

My vizio tv won't power off with the remote or the button on the side of the tv. I'm afraid to unplug it, so I'm just leaving it on
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 2 years old. 70 inch smart tv
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: menu doesn't work volume doesn't work, not buttons work on remote or tv itself
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It just started on Monday. I was watching Netflix, then switched it off with my remote. Then, everything stopped working
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's about it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?