TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My TV Vizio model E65-EO ,it does not have input for antenna

Customer Question
.How can i do for...
My TV Vizio model E65-EO ,it does not have input for antenna .How can i do for hook up the antenna to watch the local tv channel
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: E65-EO and 1 year old
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes It work but It does not have the input for antenna cable
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: I mean It does not HAVE the input for antenna cable on the back of the TV like the old model ...WHY
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Note that myself I do not send those $26 phone offers that you will receive , they are automated by the website but I`m available for it at this time if you prefer it that way or you can just decline if you don`t want it .

I see that you came around to look at my replies so i will give you your answer and hope you will rate positively after reading it

You are correct , there are no tuners in the new Vizio tv`s , they assume you will have a cable or satellite box i suppose !

What you need is an external tuner A.K.A digital tv converter box now , something like what you can see at the link below , just click on it ;

https://www.amazon.com/ViewTV-AT-300-Converter-Recording-Composite/dp/B01MF9X5V9/ref=pd_sim_504_7?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01MF9X5V9&pd_rd_r=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B&pd_rd_w=zxu4o&pd_rd_wg=d3dsX&psc=1&refRID=MYN8T7VSW7M5MNCHMT5B

There are quite a few versions of those and i`m sure your local walmart, bestbuy ,target etc. would have such a devive as well but this seems to be a good model and also records along with playing media devices like USB keys/stick

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician