TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a blue screen when on Digital tv but it plays on FTC…

Customer Question
I have a blue...

I have a blue screen when on Digital tv but it plays on FTC which is my Roku I have a digital antenna no cable

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It's a hdvizio about 11 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's an itermitant issue not sure what I did to cause or clear up issue

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Is this a free or fee service

Technician's Assistant: The Experts require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.

I dont have way to pay

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Are you using an indoor or outdoor antenna?

Does the TV have a strong antenna signal?

Have you tried retuning the channels?

If the problem persists you will have to add a signal booster to your antenna.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

indoor antenna yes has booster. It was working fine then switched to Roku on inputs now back to blue screen I have an hdmi box that has DVD and fire stick and Roku it's s switch box because TV only has one hdmi port. Antenna is in the HD port not antenna port in back of TV their ports for old DVD put I removed it

Have you checked that all connections are secure and no cables are loose?

Also check that the booster has not failed?