TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Emerson LF551EM5, serial # beginning DS1A. Power on but

Customer Question
Emerson LF551EM5, serial #...

Emerson LF551EM5, serial # beginning DS1A. Power on but immediately powers off

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

LF551EM5

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, because tv will not stay powered on

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Yesterday, watching Netflix on fire stick & tv went black

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just help

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Unfortunately the set shutting down on its own like this is generally caused by a faulty power supply board and generally requires replacement of that component to fix the issue.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up. The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.