Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Shuts off randomly. D55-Eo brand new. I heart radio. local

Customer Question

shuts off randomly
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: D55-Eo brand new
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: yes. i heart radio. local channels using antenna. and sling tv (ruko stick)
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It did it a couple times right away. Last night it did it with 2:00 left of monday night football
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what can i do to help you help me
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm going to cut to the chase and give you the unfortunate truth, the TV is defective and should be returned as soon as possible. There is nothing within the normal operation of the TV that will cause it to shut off randomly assuming the outlet it's plugged into is a known working outlet and the TV's power cord is tight to the back of the set. A couple of years back Vizio was making very reliable sets and had a great app platform. Since then they've been bought out and the quality cheapened, and most of their sets these days are glitchy, randomly lock up or lose internet connection, lose audio, and many other things I've come across in my 8 years on the site dealing with their TV's. That said, even my own- I went through 3 of the same model TV- exchanging each one within a week, due to them locking up, losing sound, or acting up in some way or another. I have one now that emits a loud buzz every other time it's turned on (through the speakers), and loses internet connection at least once a week. That said, I would strongly suggest returning the TV for - at the very least, an exchange and possibly (if you can afford the difference) go with an upper level brand and model as the off-brands (Vizio included) are very unreliable these days.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

There aren't any pushbutton fixes for the TV shutting itself off like this- it's a hardware defect, not an adjustment or setting issue unfortunately.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.