TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need help to set up a block for the pay per view and on…

Customer Question
I need help to...

I need help to set up a block for the pay per view and on demand movies, ect. my husband is not well and is still having lots of trouble using the remote. last mo and this mo.'s bills were astronomical as my husbands accidently went on the channel and didn't realize what was happening. we have been charged sooooo much. called att last month and they said they could not do anything about it. they were to send instructions on how to block by email. never got it. not good on doing these set ups. need step by step help.. thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

WE JUST HAD UVERSE INSTALLED ON JULY 20, 2017.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

SINCE THE BEGINNING. MY HUSBAND IS NOT WELL AND NO MATTER HOW MUCH I TELL HIM TO NOT GO ON PPV OR ON DEMAND HE STILL MANAGES TO MESS UP. HE GETS CONFUSED AND CAN'T REMEMBER THINGS LIKE HE USED TO DO. CAN YOU HELP WALK ME THROUGH THE BLOCKING. I'M NOT VERY GOOD AT THIS TYPE OF THING. AS YOU CAN TELL. WE ARE SENIORS. ANY HELP WOULD BE SO APPRECIATED.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

NEVER TRIED TROUBLESHOOTING. DON'T KNOW WHERE THAT IS. HELP. THANKS SO MUCH.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/13/2017
TV Technician: Pete, Electronic Engineer replied 11 months ago
Pete, Electronic Engineer

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can set up parental controls to do this.

Please see the following guide:

http://www.att.net/smartcontrols-UverseTVParentalControls

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Pete.

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
--------------------