TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My son's TV's remote no longer works, using the buttons for

my son's TV's remote no...
my son's TV's remote no longer works, using the buttons for volume as you increase volume you can hear the sound, but when you release the button you can watch the volume drop to 0.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of the appliance? And has it done this before?
Customer: model #LF320EM4 A, Emerson and no it has not done this before
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If I can yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
9/12/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

The first thing to do is take the batteries OUT of the remote so the remote no longer works then observe the set again, adjust the volume ON THE SET ITSELF is it still dropping to 0 ?

already tried that same results

The problem is the function board that is the board inside the set with the volume plus and minus on, what you could try is gently tapping the volume minus button ON THE SET ITSELF to try and deoxidize it' that sometimes works if it does not let me know but the next step will involve the back of the set being removed,let me know

Also please read carefully what I said about the remote I am not referring to replacing the batteries

it worked , thank you for your help

Great news!

Please could you rate me 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page thank you,the site will then pay me thanks again,note question will not close but remains open,rating bar of stars is top of the page

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician