Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

We have a Pioneer Elite TV and last week it stopped turning

Customer Question

Hi Pearl We have a Pioneer Elite TV and last week it stopped turning on all the way. What happens when we push on/off screens buzzes pink/red color and then turns off. Can you help? Alana
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Pioneer is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: We purchased new in 2006 and I can find manual or model # :(
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: oops cant find
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi, Alana. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help with your Pioneer. Sorry to hear it's acting up.

Are you able to look on the back of the TV for me? That's where the model number would be. Sometimes they're shown on the side, too. Look all over the back and sides, and there should be a sticker or small placard with a model and serial number.

Thanks, Alana!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello Dan I can't find model # due to TV being attached to wall and so big. Can you help without it?