Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

It's 40E200U1 TV. No picture, tone is on and channels

Customer Question

It's 40E200U1 TV. No picture, tone is on and channels selector works. Screen used to go dark from one end to the other and was recoverable with reboot. Now is totally dark and ve can't even see the menu. It's 7 yrs old.
JA: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?
Customer: 40E200U1 Toshiba, one day
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: sound is on and tuner works
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 month ago.

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

Is the screen black?

If so if you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control does the menu come up please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No

OK if you can't see any visible light at all on the screen the back-lights that illuminate the pixels are down, causes could be power-board or the backlights themselves, you could try a reboot that is unplug from wallpower wait 5 mins replug back in again but I believe at tis point there is an issue with the set likely to be what I just said,if you think you can do work yourself with the set use a meter (volt-ohm) I will be happy to help ?

Other wise you may need a tech www.tvrepaircanada.com should locate a tech in your area

I am sorry this is not something easier

Let me know

A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is welcome thank you the site will then pay me note question remains open for 30 days,rating bar of stars is top of the page thank you

Anthony