Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Every time I change channel a rectangle box covers the name

Every time I change channel a gray rectangle gray box covers the name of the program and I wait for it to go away or hit exit for it to disappear. Very annoying!
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Where do I find the model number?
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The tv menu works
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It has been going on for a long time. The second question, what do u mean?
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What is the full model number off of the sticker on the back of the TV?

Also, who is your cable provider (Comcast, TW, ATT, etc.) and do you use a "Box" for your programming?

This info is needed to help you.

Please view my reply and send one back to proceed.

This info is needed to help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Direct Tv, model M401l-A3

Please follow the steps below:

1) Shut the TV off, and then disconnect the cable/SAT box AND the TV from power (unplug their power cords).

2) If using an HDMI cable, disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable on both ends when the cable box is unplugged from power (make sure it's secure on both ends).

3) Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 10 full seconds while the set is unplugged, then release the power button.

4) Plug the cable box AND the TV back into power, then turn the TV on and attempt to watch a program.