TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Back borders at sides of picture on all channels started…

Customer Question
Back borders at sides...

Back borders at sides of picture on all channels started last week. Use of wide control does not change back to full picture.

Technician's Assistant: What's the exact make and model of your television? And how long has this been happening with the channels?

VIZIO D39hn-EO EPW

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Started last week and happened as soon as the set was turned on

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

First, reboot the Cable/SAT box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. Upon rebooting, if the screen aspect is still incorrect, then look for the following buttons on the Cable/SAT remote:

Aspect

Zoom

HD Zoom

Ratio

(#) symbol under the 9 key

Find any buttons with those labels and use them to attempt to correct the picture size. If you are unable to find those buttons, or they don't help, then the settings are hidden deeper in the Cable Box and I will need the BRAND and MODEL of the cable box.

Please view my reply and try those steps to proceed.