Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Wifi doesn't work. I can't connect. I shut it off and waited

Customer Question

Wifi doesn't work. I can't connect. I shut it off and waited a minute to turn back on, but no response. I can get connection with the Ethernet line. I think the electric storm last night caused damage. I was able to fix the tv
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: The TV is working well. It's my internet connection for wi-fi tha is dead
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since the electrical storm last night that ended at 11 pm. I reset the the fuses and got the lights back on. I have disconnected the router from the electric and restarted it. Three times. all the light are on except the 2.4 and 5.0 mgh.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

What is the make and model number of your wifi router?

What is the status of the lights on it?

Can any of your wireless devices see the wifi network?

What all wireless devices have you tried connecting to it?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the lights are on except the 2,4 and 5. None of my devices work on the network; HP computer and 2 apple Ipads. I suspect that when we had the electric storm last night, the breaker for that room had to be reset. I had to recalibrate the TV and cable box. I think I need a new router
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

Was it provided to you by your internet provider?