TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was trying to adjust my TV and it fell off my stand and I…

Customer Question
I was trying to...

I was trying to adjust my TV and it fell off my stand and I tired to call to catch it but the screen hit the corner of my stand whole screen is cracked

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

E65-E1

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

I mean I can't see anything on the screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just last night and my TV used to turn off and on randomly with no pattern before this happened

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

No not u unless you need the serial number

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem? I'm not quite understanding your question. Are you asking if or how it can be fixed?

that's what I am asking

Thank you for clarifying,

the short answer is no, it cannot be fixed, you will need to buy a new tv at this point.

The more detailed explanation is that in cases like this when the lcd panel (screen assembly) is compromised, it is not possible to repair it. To actually fix this you'd have to replace the entire panel, the cost of which for the part alone is about 80% of the price of a tv. For this set, you wouldn't be able to find parts in the first place, but even if you could it would end up costing as much or more than a new tv after factoring in the labor costs to strip down the frame and electronics and rebuild around a new panel.

It sounds like you were having some issues prior as well with the power cycling, which is a common issue on vizios as well. Even for a newer model that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising for this brand. These are some of the lowest quality tvs on the market. They are built to meet a certain price point, not for quality or reliability. It is completely normal and expected to see them last just a year or two at best.

At this point your best option is to purchase a new tv from a more reputable brand with a fresh warranty.

I can recommend some replacement options for you, if you'd like.

My apologies for the news,