TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

When I try to start the tv with the remote there is only a

Customer Question
momentary flash and no picture...
When I try to start the tv with the remote there is only a momentary flash and no picture. Sometimes it will come after cycling the on-off button several times but it has been taking longer each time. Is it a remote problem or tv.
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: Digital Lifestyles Model #FA2B-42570..... ABOUT 7-8 YRS. OLD
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no... only black screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Actually, it worked perfectly until about 1-2 weeks ago. Then i tried turning it on after putting my computer to sleep the night before and had to recycle several times before it came but that number has increased daily until today when I cannot get it to turn on at all so far. A few times the screen csme on momentarily but then went away
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think not but do not know
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It seems power supply board problem where few capacitors have failed due to aging and causing low voltage to main board of TV thus it doesn't boot up to bring picture on screen. Replacement of power supply board will fix the problem. Please click following link to view power supply board and part number info that can be search/ google to get replacement board price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/starmen-tom277cabb-power-supply-unit.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Question closed?

Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician