TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 55 inch tv that wont turn on. The red light blinks

I have a 55 inch...
I have a 55 inch tv that wont turn on. The red light blinks and then shuts down and then starts blinking again. (blinks 14 times)
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: I will have a panasonic and a trying to find the model number. It has not been a problem in the past.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For a few days. We tried unplugging if for a while to see if it would re-boot but no luck. We seem to see faint glow, but no picture
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: When we push the power button on the tv, the light stops blinking. Still trying to find model number, but it is 55 inch
9/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.

A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info ;
Also ,Could you please give me the model number written on the tv`s back cover ?

manufacturing # is TC-P50S30
Serial # MA13320038

Thanks

Give me a minute please

No thanks

That blink code is what is called an undocumented blink code

The service manual go to 13 blinks only but in real life it can mean quite a few things like the power supply , the SC sustain board and drivers along with the main board

I`m afraid that this 7 blinks code is one of the worst you can get for this serie of panasonic and will require serious troubleshooting with meters

This would require for you to be comfortable working with circuit boards if you had in mind to work on this yourself and you are looking at some $150 (or close) in parts and possibly the same to have this done at home and $50 less if you take it to the shop yourself .
You can get a new 50" with all the bells and whistles for around $400 or less so even if you were to buy the parts and replace them yourself you`d still be better off buying a new tv , sorry but no easy reset here , as i said this is bad news for this model /serie

Let me know if you have questions and if not for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not close this post , you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

If you received a phone offer or any offers they are automated by the website ,NOT BY ME , I`m an independent tech. and have no control over those.
They are optional and you can just decline if you don`t want them

Sorry for the typo up there , meant 14 blinks , not 7 which is quite common as well

Jack
Jack, Technician
Thanks. Will just start looking for a new TV.

Thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician