Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a Spectra and as of lastnight the TV will not turn on

hi, I have a Spectra and as of lastnight the TV will not turn on the red light will come on and I try turning it on it will change to blue but will not come on and the indicator went dark. The TV did turn on for a second and then off
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: it is a sceptre 32 in model x40
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the TV has not given me this issue before, I am unable to get to the menu nothing come on the screen
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: it started yesterday and the TV was off all day I only use it at night time
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: can't think of anything else

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?

It could be X402BV or X405BV or some thing like that

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Model number is *****

X40 is incomplete, I need full model number of TV that would be written on back cover of TV

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Found it x405bv

Thanks, ***** ***** it

This kind of problem occurs due to corrupted firmware of TV that is why main board doesn't boot up fully.

Lets try easy thing first that might help, disconnect TV power cord from power outlet for 10 minutes to reset the TV, replug back in and check.

If problem still persist then you would need to replace main board of TV that is available around $65 at following supplier if you have plan to replace it by yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sceptre/x405bv-fmqc

http://www.shopjimmy.com/sceptre/x405bv-fmqr

I hope these info will help. If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I have already done the inplug option overnight and nothing so it must be the main boardThank you

OK, yes it would be main board internal failure that will be replaced to get the TV back in business.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks