TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Xfinity cable box failed yesterday but back online today. TV…

Customer Question
Xfinity cable box failed...

Xfinity cable box failed yesterday but back online today. TV continues to say "check cable connections."

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Samsung Smart TV. Went off when the cable box stopped working, yesterday, almost 24 hours ago.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No, menu doesn't work. Just "check signal cable" message. The Cable HDMI is the only input I have.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

The cable box stopped and had a "reboot" message on it. I tried rebooting it, turned on & off. Just started working again about 2 hours ago. We had an outage in our area due to Hurricane Irma; lost TV, land line phone and internet. Those are all back, and a different TV in another room works so it's not cable box, it's the TV.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Joe AV, Technician replied 11 months ago
Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician

Hello and welcome. I am very happy you are OK after Irma. My name is ***** ***** I would like to help you resolve this issue. Can you tell me if you have unplugged your TV to reboot it? If not yet, please do so now and let me know what happens.

Never mind. Boyfriend had the HDMI plugged in the IN slot on the cable box instead of the OUT.

Great. I am glad all worked out for you.