TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a smart Samsung TV and had it hooked up so to my amp

Customer Question
receiver and now I can't...
I have a smart Samsung TV and had it hooked up so to my amp receiver and now I can't access the smart features. I was told that this happens to Samsung TVs and was told to contact you to reboot the the TV
JA: How old is your Samsung, and have you tried unplugging it and leaving it off for a few hours?
Customer: I have turned my TV and wireless of and have waited but not unplugged it.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Every thing works but the Smart TV icons do not show on the screen.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: This just happened two days ago. I have reset my wifi and done all I can think of and can't get it to work.
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that is all I want. To reconnect with the Smart TV icons.
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Richard, Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Technician

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

Can you please remove the power to the TV (so unplug it from the power socket).

Then on the actual TV, hold the power button for 60 seconds then release.

Then wait 10 minutes, connect the power again to the TV, turn it on and tell me please if it is now operating correctly.

Let me know the results please

Hey Richard I did like you said and it looked like it was trying boot up but only the TV programs are working not the Youtube, Neflex, Amazon etc.
What do I do now?

Thanks

Can you remove the power to your wifi router, wait 5 minutes, connect it, repeat the last instructions I gave and tell me if it now works please

I found somebody at the geek squad who fixed my problem thank you

ok no problem, if you need anuything else please let me know

Richard, Technician