TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have an RCA model RLC2685A-. When I turned it on this

I have an RCA...

I have an RCA model RLC2685A-B. When I turned it on this morning the input mode menu appeared on the left side. The only way to change modes is my scrolling. I've changed the batteries in the remote to no avail.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

See above for the model no. several years old.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes and yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just when I turned it on this morning

9/12/2017
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Hello

Hi

Do you mean that you have the input list showing up and will not go away ?

Do you get any picture from whatever is connected to this tv ?

Every once in awhile it disappears for a few seconds and the mode shows up on the right.

When you say mode , do you mean the input list ?

Does it show the various tv functions and scroll through it for example ?

What I mean is that when the input menu disappears for a few seconds the mode e.g. HDM1 flashes on the right.
appears on the right

O.k then give me a minute please and in the mean time try this ;

Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again.

If it still there then on the tv`s remote try the EXIT and TV DISPLAY buttons located on either sides of the down arrow

First thing works. Thanks very much.

Glad to hear that and If that answers your question PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE by clicking on the star icons at the top of your page, then click on Submit , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time helping you .
Also note that it will not close this post , you can come back here at any time (no additional charges) if you have questions or need further help.

Jack
Jack, Technician

Thank you