Joe AV
Joe AV, Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Infrastructure and Network engineer
99768184

Panasonic TV flickers then goes black...only on ch 5xx and

Panasonic TV flickers then goes black...only on ch 5xx and above.
202, 360, 347 are ok.
When it goes black it is hung up and the only way to get pic back is to select 360.. and turn off TV. Then it will come back on to 360

Hello and Welcome. My name is ***** ***** I would like to assist you with your request. Can you tell me if this is a cable or satellite service?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Satelite

Thank you for the quick response. I have installed Directv and Dish network satellite for years and this seems to be an issue with the satellite signal which will cause some channels to drop. When a satellite signal is weak or on the cusp of being weak, certain obstacles such as trees, leaves, wind and rain can cause the image to freeze, and go black. Your satellite dish is actually seeing multiple satellites in the sky and each satellite services a group of channels. It sounds like one of the satellite signals is blocked to your dish causing this disruption. Have you tried calling your satellite provider?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, this is a winegard..top model...on an rv...I have replaced the receiver an swapped onputs...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is direct. 101 only
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
swapped inputs..
.
.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I tried an HDMI booster to this tv.....no help.

ok. well that changes some things. Do you ever see a message like weak satellite signal? Do you have the same issue on other sources like DVD?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When I go to church 538 it flickers with the desired ch, then goes black and hangs everything up..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, no other issues..

If there are no other issues with other sources, that eliminates the TV as being an issue. It is definitely satellite related. Can you tell me your signal strength on each transponder of the 101 satellite?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All...except 3 are 78 0r more..
3 are 0...

Please tell me which 3 are at 0 and I will take a look to see if this is normal.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sorry , only 2 now.
12 and 20

OK. Please allow me a minute to look into this.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

ok. so transponders 4, 12, 18, 20, 26, and 28 are all "spot beam" transponders used to deliver local stations to various parts of the country. If you get a "0" on those, you are OK, as there is no signal to that portion of the country. Can you tell me the receiver model number?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
H24/700

When the channel flickers and goes black, do you still have audio?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No audio...
The other TV keeps pic and sound when this TV hangs.
I have swapped splitters and cables and installed booster...no help..
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When only this TV is on by itself, it hangs with no pic, no audio.

Do both TV's have their own receiver? If not, can you briefly tell me how it's wired?

If it is blacked out now, please try the DVR's front panel "res" button and see if that does anything. If not, I would like you to try resetting the HR24 by using the red button behind the font panel access card door. Once the reset is complete, please go back to the channel and see if it is back on.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Only one receiver...
2, 4way splitters

OK. I just want to make sure I have this right. You have one receiver and you have an HDMI splitter going to the other TV's?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
that is correct.No DVR, only a blue ray player, Panasonic. Sa-btt490 It is turned off.I reset the receiver...red button. ..when hung up..
The TV came on and is going thru the self test..When it finished it went to 538...flickered twice ...m.and turned black

OK. Now I will need to check the compatibility on the TV and HDMI splitter as sometimes these HDMI splitter can be problematic with certain devices. Please give me the TV make and model as well as the HDMI splitter make and model and I will check it out.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One moment...
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
TV. TC-L42E50 panasonicSPLITERS...1X4, ....LU612A..triplevision

Thank you. Please allow me a few minutes to research.

One more question. Are you using CAT5 HDMI extenders or long HDMI cables to each TV from the splitter?

Hello. Sorry for the delay. I am back. Please follow the instructions below and let me know if this helps. I think it is likely just a compatibility issue between the TV and HDMI splitter, but this may help.

1) Leave your Displays powered on as well as your Video Source BUT unplug the power cable and also the HDMI cables from the HDMI splitter.

2) Plug one of the Displays back into the splitter and wait a few seconds and then plug the power cable back into the splitter and wait a few seconds.

3) Plug the Video Source's HDMI cable back into the splitter and wait a few seconds and then you should be getting both Audio and Video on that Display. If so great! Go ahead and plug the other Display's HDMI cable back into the splitter and you should be good to go.

If that doesn't fix it take a look at what the audio settings are on your Display's and make sure they match each other with both the audio and video (stereo, stereo 2.1, mono, Surround 5.1, etc; 720p, 1080i, or 1080p). Once you have completed that, check to see what your Video Source is outputting the audio and video at (if Auto is an option give it a try and then try steps 1 through 3 above again). If that still doesn't
work change the Video Source's audio and video to match the Display's and try steps 1
through 3 one more time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok.
The TV menus are slightly different....not imp in my mind??
The 5.1 setting is not available on the tv's.I turned surround off, everywhere.It still remains the lr tv..42 in..cant stay on 538 without hanging up everything.I think I have exhausted all my options, I know I am tired right now.I ended up swapping the splitter inputs...now everything wks...All I'm going to do now is change the TV input labelling
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Must be one of the splitters has a poor signal on the input???

It must be something with the splitter. We have confirmed the Directv receiver and TV are good.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to continue troubleshooting. If you're satisfied with my help, please consider a 5-star rating at this time. Thank you and I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok
What is the cost for this?
I think they said it would be initially $5., then I saw that my PayPal was charged $23. Or $28.??
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also, I do not want or need a free trial or monthly charges.
Thanks for your help.
Tiffin says that splitter costs $135. To replace
Not good on SS.

I honestly would not know for sure. I'm sorry about that as I don't handle billing. I am just assigned requests as they come in and work directly with the customer.

Your welcome for the help. It was a pleasure working with you.