Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Yesterday my tv started acting up. I bought it in April.

Customer Question

Yesterday my tv started acting up. I bought it in April. When it is on every so often it makes a noise and turns it's self off, and then in about 15 seconds turns back on, and goes to the turn on screen then back to the program. The light stays green the whole time.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: No problems before. Model# 43HL5000-UA
SERIAL # 609SWXD26458 Manufacture Date Sept. 2016
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Menu works, happens on both sources that have input
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: nothing happened it just started out of the blue. started yesterday evening.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

These symptoms are ones that I am familiar with, and they point to a premature fault occurring in the set's Mainboard (this board has the processor that controls the turn on/off commands). This is NOT within normal operation of the set- and it's not a setting/adjustment issue. The only thing on a user level you can try is to unplug the TV, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself for 20 seconds and release, wait a minute then plug the set back in and power it up to see if the issue persists.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Beyond that you're looking at a hardware issue, and more specifically- the Mainboard needs to be replaced under warranty. In that case you would need to contact LG and setup a warranty repair ticket on the set:

http://www.lg.com/us/support

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Do you need anything further today?