TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Tv shut down on its own after about 5 minutes. Try to turn…

Customer Question
Tv shut down on...

Tv shut down on its own after about 5 minutes. Try to turn back on. Light on the front goes on but no picture.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

M420L 3 years old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Inout source button inop. no menu

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

A few days

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV.

Still and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

only procedure i tried was to unplug tv, hold power button down for 10 seconds, then plug in and turn on. Model number M420SL

Appreciate the additional information.

Consider unplugging for an extended period of time and then plug back in but into a different outlet directly with no power strip.

The idea is to simulate a soft RESET and dissipate residual power.

And yes on the phone call soon as the system has cleared the "Status: ... failure"
Can you please check on your end?
...and contact Customer Service?