Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Trying to connect our WII to the component ports and it is

Customer Question

trying to connect our WII to the component ports and it is saying no signal
JA: What's the exact make and model of your television? And what have you tried as far as getting this connected goes?
Customer: I will check
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: E50u-D2
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: we just tried to turn it on.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

What Input do you have the TV set to?

Also are you using Wii "composite" cables (Red,White,Yellow), or "component" (red,blue,green,red and white)?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Are you there? Do you need assistance?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm unsure why you're unable to reply. But if you're using the Red, White and Yellow STOCK WII cables (which are referred to as "composite"), then you would connect the YELLOW cable to the Green "Y/Video" jack on the Vizio- then connect the red and whites to the corresponding red and white jacks. Then turn the WII on, and using the Vizio remote's INPUT button, select the AV/Video setting and let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?