TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I was getting spots on the screen, so I replaced the dlp…

Customer Question
I was getting white...

I was getting white spots on the screen, so I replaced the dlp chip, now I have a light blue c

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

We-57734 10 yrs old

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No menu I've tried different inputs it does the same thing

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Nothing happened, it all started with the white sports

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

I have tried to reinstall the dlp chip 5 times, I think I might need a new formatted board

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Nathan, Installer replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

It looks like part of your question was cut off. I see "light blue c"?

Now I have a light blue screen with vertical black stripes

Thank you for clarifying,

that is indeed a faulty formatter board. This is a common failure, about half of the time when replacing the dlp chip the formatter board will have to be changed out as well, which is the case here.

Any recommendations on where I can buy one

The part number is ***** BK.80L88.21G,

unfortunately they are tough to find anymore, the only one I can find currently is https://www.tvpartsbay.com/mitsubishi-bk-80l88-21g-00-l8821g001-formatter-board/ though their site is not often reliable about stock levels.

Nathan, Installer