TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do I manually turn on my sony model #XBR-55X810C

Customer Question
How do I manually...

How do I manually turn on my sony model #XBR-55X810C television? I need to do this in order to put my new remote into use.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Sony? And can you guesstimate how old it is?

Model #XBR-55X810C and I bought it in December 2015

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Last remote went out two days ago (9 September). I went to xfinity and got a new remote today, 11 September.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. This is my second new remote (first one about one year ago) and I had no problem getting the first remote to work.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/12/2017
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 11 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all specific steps you've already attempted.

Have you tried the TV's POWER button?

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I have talked with sony and xfinity and implemented their suggestions. For sure, the power button has been used! All I get is a statement that there is no input, and yes, I have used the input button in order to get input several times.
Thank you for your help. I am going another way and won't need your help.

I understand.