Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our Samsung TV has a blank blue screen with no voice. It

Customer Question

Our Samsung TV has a blank blue screen with no voice. It happened last night, fixed it after resetting cable box. Same thing is happening now, but nothing seems to work.
JA: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?
Customer: Bear with me while my husband looks it up.....last night was the first time for this.
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: no, nothing works. When we turn it on a flashing microphone comes on briefly then nothing. It's only the big TV
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been an issue for about 10 minutes now, When we turn tv on, the Smart TV logo appears, then screen turns blue with HDM1 header and the briefly flashing microphone. Samsung UN55F7100, 55 inch 1080p240hz3d ultra slim smart LED tv.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: That's all we got.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

To rule out the possibility of a faulty cable box, do you have another source you can switch to- like a DVD player to see if the issue persists with that? Also are you able to access the source selections and MENU using the original Samsung remote please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Please send a reply to proceed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bear with us, we're trying to get this info now. OK we have original remote and yes we can access menu. What now?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I had asked if you had another source you can try like a DVD player so we can determine if the TV or your cable box is the issue please?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

Hello?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know...Somehow we lost you and had to get back on. Will you please call?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 month ago.

I'm not available by phone. I will opt out and perhaps someone else can assist.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please. Thank you.