Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

The vizio emblem is flasing and the tv will not power on. It

Customer Question

The vizio emblem is flasing and the tv will not power on. It was working earlier this evening. It is a M421VT and was bought in January 2012. I have unplugged it and plugged it back in. I have tried a different outlet and I have power cycled it.
JA: Can you guesstimate how old your Vizio is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?
Customer: 5 1/2 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: The vizio emblem flashes when i hit the menu button too. My son's xbox will power on but i am unable to see if it works due to nothing on the screen.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: The tv was working before dinner and then when he tried to turn it on after dinner the emblem began flashing and the tv won't power on.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The only part of your question that i cam see is how long has this been an issue. I have been tryi g to fix it for about 15-20 minutes.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- How long the TV left unplugged?
- Do you see a dim picture if shine a flashlight closely on the screen at an angle?