TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My tv won't show picture through Cale or bluray but it will…

Customer Question
My tv won't show...

My tv won't show picture through Cale or bluray but it will show my apple tv

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?

UN78KS9500F and no it worked fine through my denon receiver for about six months . Then I couldn't get picture at all on anything . So I direct connected the HDMI to each device I have and could only get Apple TV to show

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes tv menu works . Yes

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It's been out a week and a half or maybe two weeks . Nothing really just shut it down to go to bed and in the morning it wouldn't show picture

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

No I think we covered it

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/11/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

- Are you able to select those HDMI inputs where the bluray and cable box are hooked in, on TV source screen?

Cable box shows a solid blue screen , bluray shows a solid black screen and Apple TV works fine . Then when I connect my denon receiver I get nothing at all

OK, I would suggest to unplug all things power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to get them reset, replug back in and reply back with the result.

Left everything unplugged for a hour and ran a errand . Came home plugged everything in and got the same result . Also tried swapping out the one connect box and cable with the one that works in my bedroom and that didn't work either

This is odd, let me check related manual and get back with you after an hour.