Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My tv won't show picture through Cale or bluray but it will

Customer Question

My tv won't show picture through Cale or bluray but it will show my apple tv
JA: What's the make and model of your tv? Have you had any issues with the picture before?
Customer: UN78KS9500F and no it worked fine through my denon receiver for about six months . Then I couldn't get picture at all on anything . So I direct connected the HDMI to each device I have and could only get Apple TV to show
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Yes tv menu works . Yes
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been out a week and a half or maybe two weeks . Nothing really just shut it down to go to bed and in the morning it wouldn't show picture
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I think we covered it
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

- Are you able to select those HDMI inputs where the bluray and cable box are hooked in, on TV source screen?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Cable box shows a solid blue screen , bluray shows a solid black screen and Apple TV works fine . Then when I connect my denon receiver I get nothing at all
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, I would suggest to unplug all things power cords from power outlet for 10 minutes to get them reset, replug back in and reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Left everything unplugged for a hour and ran a errand . Came home plugged everything in and got the same result . Also tried swapping out the one connect box and cable with the one that works in my bedroom and that didn't work either
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

This is odd, let me check related manual and get back with you after an hour.