TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have 2 panasonic vierra plasma tv's. One powers on but…

I have 2 panasonic...

I have 2 panasonic vierra plasma tv's. One powers on but does not display anything. The most that I can do with it is hold down the power button and it will power off but turns right back on. The other won't even turn on. Can you help diagnose the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?

This is a new issue for me. Never a problem before.

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Same problem with everything. Tv turns on but no sound and a black screen.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

With one tv, I was playing PS4 and the tv just cut off and I was unable to get it to work again. The other experienced the black screen shortly after a storm with heavy lightning.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

That's all so far...unless you can answer questions about a bluray player lol.

9/11/2017
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome
I am sorry you are having trouble here,I am presently reviewing your question be with you very soon.

Anthony

I can only help you with ONE set at a time you have to ask another question for the second TV, I will be happy however to help you with both, so please get me the model number of the first set you want help with thanks

you will find the model number on the back of the set

Anthony

Ok, the sticker on the back of the tv reads, TH-50PZ80U 120v-50/60Hz 690w June 2008 MG8160225

OK thanks the power-light in the front of the set is it lit or blinking red?

I have the tv unplugged give me a sec.

OK there is no time limit take your time

The light is static, not blinking

OK what color is it please?

red

And if you try to switch ON with the remote or at the set itself by holding down the on\off switch does anything happen?

it powers off and then powers back on again.
Not by remote control, I have to hold down the power button on the set.

OK so powers off then back onto the red solid light, do you hear any clicks?

it does click

Its very unusual that the light is not blinking when its blinking its reporting an error so hold down the on\off on the TV again for say 10 seconds

Ok, so I did that. It cut off and i heard 1 click then, at around 10 seconds I heard 2 clicks. Once i took my finger off of the button it clicked 1 more time and remains off, not cutting on by itself anymore.

So do you have no light at all now?

If so reboot the set unplug from wallpower wait 3 mins replug back in again

I didn't try to turn it back on yet. No light while it's off. Ok, I'm unplugging it.
I just plugged the TV back in, I heard 2 clicks and shortly after there was an additional click. Should I power it on?

OK let me know

I powered it back on and there's still a static red light. Nothing on display.

OK the way this looks as the set is not reporting a fault,the set is not booting up, this control is achieved by the main-board and its this board within the set that needs to be replaced now do you think you can replace this plug in board yourself?I will provide all the relevant info for that

Cost of board around $100 or maybe less

Let me know

A positive rating of 3 to 5 stars is very welcome the site can then pay me,note question remains open for 30 days, rating bar of stars is top of the page,thank you

Is the cost of parts $100, or the info on how to change the board $100?

That is the cost of the board, you already would have been aware of a deposit you may have paid for this question, that does not change I am referring to parts

Oh, ok just wanted to make sure. Yes I believe I should be able to fix this myself. What is the name of the part or part number so that I'm sure I order the correct parts?

By the way is this the set that was in a storm?because then this would make sense

it is. The other set went out while playing PS4 and exhibited similar issues. Only difference is the other set had a blinking red light but now the light doesn't come in and the display isn't responding either.

In a storm the main-board is the one that can get damaged so its this that is very much suspect now

The main-board is the one with all the AV inputs attached so its called the A board by panasonic, what you need to do is get the back off the set locate that board (just look at were the inputs are)get the board out (easy) and look for its partnumber, with this partnumber go to www.shopjimmy.com to get it if they do nothave it google the partnumber for suppliers

You are not responding?

Do you need any more help?

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Awesome, thanks for the troubleshooting help. Once I get started on the repair, if I run into any problems can I just text you back?

Yes of course just come directly back here DO NOT open a new question, so please bookmark this page thanks

I will Anthony, and thank you my man.

Your welcome