Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have overscan on my tv and I need to get into the service

Customer Question

I have overscan on my tv and I need to get into the service code to fix it
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: 64 " plasma PND8000
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: the menu does not adjust for overscan
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: don't know...I was watching some movies recently and some of the text on edges was off screen
JA: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the tv is not under warranty and I am competent to fix this if I can get into the service menu
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
PN64D8000 samsung plasma 64"......The problem occurs when I play a blu-ray move. Your questions are of little concern to me. I just want the service code so I can get into the calibration menu. If you can't give me that then refund my money.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

You can access to service menu by following way.

1. TV Power off/ standby mode.

2. Press Mute, 182, Power on TV remote.

Does it help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I don't want a phone call. Please answer the question or refund me.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you get my previous reply?

1. TV Power off/ standby mode.

2. Press Mute, 182, Power on TV remote.

Does it help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no I don't see any adjustment for screen size. Also I paid $5.00 and only agreed to pay $5.00 but I got an email that said I will be charged $33.00. That is illegal. I will dispute this with my bank.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Go to above link to contact customer service for any billing issue.

Good luck~