TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have overscan on my tv and I need to get into the service…

Customer Question
I have overscan on...

I have overscan on my tv and I need to get into the service code to fix it

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your tv, and can you guesstimate how old it is?

64 " plasma PND8000

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

The menu does not adjust for overscan

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Don't know...I was watching some movies recently and some of the text on edges was off screen

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the TV Expert to know before I connect you?

The tv is not under warranty and I am competent to fix this if I can get into the service menu

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/11/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

1- Could you please get me the complete model number written on back cover or side panel of TV?
2- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

PN64D8000 samsung plasma 64"......The problem occurs when I play a blu-ray move. Your questions are of little concern to me. I just want the service code so I can get into the calibration menu. If you can't give me that then refund my money.

You can access to service menu by following way.

1. TV Power off/ standby mode.

2. Press Mute, 182, Power on TV remote.

Does it help?

I don't want a phone call. Please answer the question or refund me.

NOTE: Phone call or any other offer is automated and not sent by me. Feel free to ignore it if you prefer to troubleshoot the problem here in text chat.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you get my previous reply?

1. TV Power off/ standby mode.

2. Press Mute, 182, Power on TV remote.

Does it help?

no I don't see any adjustment for screen size. Also I paid $5.00 and only agreed to pay $5.00 but I got an email that said I will be charged $33.00. That is illegal. I will dispute this with my bank.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Go to above link to contact customer service for any billing issue.

Good luck~