Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

LG LCD tv shows picture and after some time freezes and

Customer Question

LG LCD tv shows picture and after some time freezes and shows vertical lines that fil up the whole screen. I usually switch the tv off and switch it on after a while. I get the picture but the picture will go off after sometime. I go through this cycle everytime I want to see a picture
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: 42LC4R. about 10 years
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: I havn't checked that. Unfortunately at the moment it came back on and is playing fine
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It's been a month now. I can't really say çause every time it shows the lines, I switch it off and switch it on after a while. I think it comes back normally. I will need to monitor this
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I took it to an LG agent in my area. They said the power supply was faulty because it took time to show the picture. They replaced the power supply and problem was solved. The vertical stripes continued showing as it has been doing. They suggested that we change the motherboard. Unfortunately we could not find a replacement motherboard
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

Expert:  Jack replied 1 month ago.

As you don`t seem to be available at this time I will step out for a bit , just send me a reply and I`ll get back to you upon return