TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Magnavox LED TV that would not turn on this

Hi, I have a...

Hi, I have a Magnavox LED TV that would not turn on this morning.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the LED television's exact make and model?

I'll have to check.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started this morning. It turns on like normal the screen shows MAGNAVOX the flashes HDMI, snapping sound then goes black

9/11/2017
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

What's the full model number off of the back of the TV and how long have you owned it for roughly please?

Sorry about the delay, I was called away. Magnavox #46ME313V/F7 Purchased about 2 years ago.

Thank you for the reply- and I'm not available by phone (website sends that offer without my consent).Offhand the set showing the welcome display, and then "snapping" and going black, would be a hardware related issue. What I need to know is when the screen goes black- does it go pitch black as if the set were not even turned on? Also is the sound still working?

Hi Aric, The screen is completely black and the snapping sound is coming thru the speakers

Please try the original remote and let me know if the MENU displays- or does the screen appear as though it's not turned on at all.

It does the same thing as with the cable remote.

This indicates a Mainboard failure in the TV and generally requires repairs.

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 2 times, and please let me know what happens.

Were you able to try those steps? Are you still having the same problem?

no change

If the issue goes beyond that - then this does indicate a hardware fault in the set, with the power board or Mainboard that requires repairs. There are no settings/adjustments that will cause the TV to shut itself down. The only other attempt at a quick fix, is to leave the set unplugged for several hours in the hopes that it resets. The average cost for this repair is in the $200-$250 range (depending on which board has failed) and if you'd like you can use the link below to locate a shop in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix. Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician