TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I replaced my power board and I have power every ever on the…

Customer Question
I replaced my power...

I replaced my power board and I have power every ever on the main board except the connection to the t con

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

2 years sanyo dp58d34

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

B

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It won't power in

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

It broke after a year

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/11/2017
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 9 months ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Welcome to the site. I'm Dan, and I'd be happy to help.

Reading over your problem, I'm a little confused as to what the problem is. Can you tell me what the original symptoms were, before you replaced the power board?

The tv won't turn on and the power supply is good

What were the original symptoms, before you replaced the board? What made you want to replace it?

The TV would take multiple attempts to plug in before working again until that stopped working altogether
I replaced the old power supply which was not giving the main board any power. I tested multiple parts of the board and there where a number of components not working. I have power to the main board, and to the IR, and Power button, but not to the T-con/ LVDS Connections on the main board.

Does the Tcon connect to the power board, or only the main? Have you tested the voltages after pressing the power button, or only with the TV plugged in?