TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I need diffuser panel for LG 50LB3600 Smart TV, LG Smart TV

I need diffuser panel for...
I need diffuser panel for LG 50LB3600 Smart TV
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your smart tv?
Customer: LG Smart TV 50LB3600
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: Something spilled on panel. Wiped it now screen has a bright spot.
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: Was replacing led light strips. when diffuser on floor somthing spilled. Tried wiping off . Made it worse.
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/11/2017
Nathan, Installer

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review and reply.

Unfortunately, that is not a part you would be able to find. That is not available as a separate or individual part, it is a component of the lcd panel itself. You would then be looking at having to replace the entire lcd panel (screen assembly), which really isn't available in the first place (because it is a 2014 model, that part isn't stocked anymore), though even if you could find one it would end up being as much as a new tv. You would be better off replacing the entire tv at this point, or living with the damage if you can tolerate it.

Depending on what was spilled on it, you may want to try cleaning it further with a microfiber cloth moistened with a bit of rubbing alcohol, that will remove most liquids that would cause picture quality issues.

Best of luck, and apologies for the news,

will alcohol not remove some of the suface coating?

No it should not damage it, you can test a small spot in the corner first to be sure, but if you are quick about it and not rubbing aggressively, it should be fine.

If you want to be extra cautions, you can try first with distilled or deionized water instead, that may be sufficient, depending on the nature of the spill.

could this be cause of the bright spot on the screen?

I don't know what you were seeing initially. Did you replace the LED strips because of a bright spot, or it started after the spill?

i replaced all led strips and they tested fine noticed spill when putting back together.

So in the area where there was a spill, there is a bright spot now? Or the screen is just splotchy looking, or something else?

Could you send me a photo of it?

Looks like an outline of the spill (very bright)!
Will Try give me a couple of minutes and wher do I send it?

Sure, you should see an upload or paperclip/attachment button on your end of the chat

not sure how to send can I Message it to a number?
No you have to attach it in the chat here. You can also put it on any file sharing site and send me a link to it like Dropbox

Got it, thanks

what do you think?

That is not a spill though, that is a crack, no amount of cleaning is going to help that. The lcd panel is actually compromised internally and this cannot be repaired. There was likely some pressure against that spot/corner when laying it down and that caused the panel to crack inside and start to delaminate.

Unfortunately buying a new tv is really your only option at this point.

Nathan, Installer
well thats conclusive!

I'm sorry I don't have better news for you. It is readily apparent from the photo though that the screen is broken, and again that is not repairable, you'd have to replace the entire panel which would cost more than a new tv.

Nathan, Installer