TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I just got a new modem. My cable company has confirmed

Customer Question
I just got a...

I just got a new modem. My cable company has confirmed serve. My laptop works, but not my smart tv. Do i need to reset the wifi settings?

Technician's Assistant: What is the exact make and model of your tv? And how long has this been an issue?

Un50hu6950f started to night when i switched modems no problem before

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

How do i hook up to new wifi modem

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

Just 1 hour

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Since i switched modems

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/11/2017
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 11 months ago
Aric, Technician

I'm reviewing your details and will reply shortly.

The issue is that the TV is still trying to connect to the old modem as it needs it's Wi Fi connection erased, and then the new one input. To do this, you need to perform a "Factory Data Reset" (outlined at the link below) and then setup the TV as if it were new- entering the new Wi Fi login credentials:

http://www.samsung.com/au/support/skp/faq/1039433

Simply view my reply and try those steps to proceed.

Were you able to try those steps? Do you need further assistance here?

Let me know if you need further assistance. Also, before you go, could you please click a POSITIVE RATING (by scrolling all of the way to the top of the page, and clicking 3-5 stars), so that I am credited for working with you today?