TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv isn't even 6 months old. I'll be watching it when all

Customer Question
My tv isn't even 6...
My tv isn't even 6 months old. I'll be watching it when all of a sudden the sound will stop completely or the sound will change to this hum
Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Hello

Hi

What is connected to this tv ?
Cable box,satellite,dvd,games etc. ?

Cable ps4 sound bar

O.k then this hum is from the sound bar not the tv , is that correct ?

Did you notice this problem on both the PS4 and cable box ?

The sound bar isn't turned on

O.k and Did you notice this problem on both the PS4 and cable box ?

They haven't played the ps4 since this started

In that case you can`t be sure if the cable box or tv is the culprit

Any ways you could connect the sound bar directly into the cable box and see if this still happens ?

I'll check

If it turns out the cable box is fine and the tv is the culprit then you can start a warranty claim

You need to first contact Vizio to get an authorization , this is the number ;(###) ###-####/p>

You can also get all the details at this link ; https://www.vizio.com/warranty

If the problem still occur with the cable box and sound bar connected directly into it then have that box replaced , it is defective

If that answers your questions for now then PLEASE DO TAKE THE TIME TO RATE (stars above and submit), it does not cost you anything more and does not close this post ,
Also you can come back at any time without additional charges if you have further questions or need help and it gets this independent tech. paid for his time helping you .

The sound bar is now disconnected. It's def the tv. This time the tv went silent and u could hear crackling from the tv itself

Yes but what i was asking is to try and isolate the sound bar and cable box from the tv , it definitely could be the tv but right now you haven`t tested the cable box alone with the bar

If you`re certain that the tv is at fault then use the info i gave you above to start a warranty claim

Any questions on this ?
If not for now then PLEASE DO RATE , it doesn`t cost you anything more and I get paid for my time.

If you cant find the rating system (stars at the top and SUBMIT ) then you can do it verbally here by saying like " I rate " excellent/good service

Remember that you can come back here at any time after rating (no additional charges) if you have other questions related to that

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician