TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung plasma keeps booting up then shutting down,

Customer Question
Samsung plasma keeps booting...

Samsung plasma keeps booting up then shutting down

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

PN59D7000 I think Samsung

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

It won't let me switch input sources

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It had been fine

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: TV
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 11 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Does screen glow/ show any thing when TV reboot over and over?

Was there any thunderstorm/ lightning in area that might have caused this issue?

No thunderstorm
It shows the Samsung logo, then it shows the HDMI input then powers off
I had left it off for a couple days and then tried again and it keeps repeating the issue

OK, just to clarify, when TV powers Off, it turns back On itself without pushing power button, is this correct?

cycles

OK, it is main board internal failure that is causing rebooting, please replace main board to fix the problem. Main board is one where video/ HDMI inputs are located. Please click following supplier link to view main board image part number info that can be used to search/ google to get replacement board price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/pn59d7000ffxza

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.