Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung plasma keeps booting up then shutting down,

Customer Question

Samsung plasma keeps booting up then shutting down
JA: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?
Customer: PN59D7000 I think Samsung
JA: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?
Customer: It won't let me switch input sources
JA: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?
Customer: It had been fine
JA: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

Does screen glow/ show any thing when TV reboot over and over?

Was there any thunderstorm/ lightning in area that might have caused this issue?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No thunderstorm
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It shows the Samsung logo, then it shows the HDMI input then powers off
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I had left it off for a couple days and then tried again and it keeps repeating the issue
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, just to clarify, when TV powers Off, it turns back On itself without pushing power button, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
cycles
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

OK, it is main board internal failure that is causing rebooting, please replace main board to fix the problem. Main board is one where video/ HDMI inputs are located. Please click following supplier link to view main board image part number info that can be used to search/ google to get replacement board price info if you have plan to do it yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung/pn59d7000ffxza

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 month ago.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
http://www.tvrepairman.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask. If you're satisfied, please rate me a 5-star at the top of your page so I can get credit of my work on website.
Thank you.