TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

The remote doesn't seem to be working with the TV. Changed…

Customer Question
The remote doesn't seem...

The remote doesn't seem to be working with the TV. Changed the batteries and still nothing.

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

Hang on and I will look

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

No the tv menu doesn't work....Model # UN50J5200AF. July 2015. We do not have cable or anything....only Netflix and Hulu. the smart hub button doesn't seem to do anything either. We can turn it on but have to use the button on the TV

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

It happens periodically...The Tv was on and we paused the show and then it wouldn't work

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

We bought a new remote because it was happening and thought it might be the remote, but it does the same thing

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: TV
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 9 months ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Hello, I see you were chatting with the site's automated response system. I am Mike, the real life technician assigned to help you. Sorry to hear you are having problems....
Are you available to chat with me right now?

Do you currently have access to the tv?

Please try this:
-unplug the tv POWER cord from the wall outlet.
-wait 3 full minutes then plug in the tv power cord and turn on.

-check if the remote works.

REPLY back here and tell me what happens.

ok

ok

nothing

Meaning, the tv won't turn on (using the button on the tv itself)?

OR

Meaning, the tv comes on but the remote still doesn't work?

OR

something else?

the tv turned on using the on button on the tv...the on button on the remote didn't work...tried the smart hub button and it didn't work

This could be a remote that requires "pairing":
-get the remote close to the tv (12 inches)
-press RETURN and GUIDE at the same time
-hold those buttons for 3 seconds
-release the buttons, keep remote close to tv
-watch the lower left corner of the screen to see if pairing worked

nothing is showing on the tv

Sorry then can't help you. All the best.

thanks anyway
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 9 months ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician

Hello, I'm Shahid. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help.

Do you see Return and Play/Pause buttons on Samsung TV remote?