TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My mom is in her 90s and was messing with her remote. Now…

Customer Question
My mom is in...

My mom is in her 90s and was messing with her remote. Now her tv has this color-ish line going down the middle of her screen. It is bright yellow and on the sides it is bright blue and magenta. HELP

Technician's Assistant: What's the model number of your TV? How old is it?

It is about 8 years old. I dont know the model. It is a flat screen

Technician's Assistant: Does the TV menu work? Do you have the same problem on all sources/inputs?

Yes, the menu works and all of the other tvs are fine. We have about 8 sonys throughout the house and only hers is doing this. I was hoping there is some kind of factory reset button?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been an issue? What happened right before this popped up?

She was playing with the remote. She is 93 with advanced dementia so I am assuming she pushed random buttons

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Expert to know before I connect you?

Just if there is a resent to factory specs button. I can reset the cable stuff

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/10/2017
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 8 months ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello
My name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you with this.
A few questions coming up and please note that there may be delays between replies if i have to gather various info .
Also ,If you seem to lose me during the chat then refresh your browser (F5 key) and /or scroll down to the last written line at the bottom , that window seem to get stuck at times .
Please send me a hello so i know you can see my reply ?

hello there

Hi

I`ll start by saying that this line has nothing to do with any wrong settings or external connection , this is caused by the tv`s t-con board

Any ways you could get me the model number so i could be specific ?

What is the brand name , what size screen ?

I could still be quite accurate as to the cost of parts and repairs but if you want to look into this yourself then i will need that number

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician